GT2 Timing Belt 6mm Width Open Ended for 3D Printer and CNC - 1m
Timing belts are a fantastic way to transfer rotational motion (from a stepper motor) into linear motion (along a rail) and these GT2 belts are excellent for the task. They have a special profile with rounded teeth which reduces backlash. Often used for precision 3D printers and CNC machines. They are also popular in mechanical devices, printers/photocopiers, robotics, automation, etc
This belt is 1164mm long (582 teeth on a 2mm tooth pitch) and is 6mm wide. It comes in a loop but you can of course cut it down if you need a shorter length.The GT2 Pulley and Belt offers precise motion control at very low cost. The GT2 series of belts and pulleys are designed specifically for precise linear motion. They use a rounded tooth profile that guarantees that the belt tooth fits smoothly and accurately in the pulley groove, so when you reverse the pulley direction, there is no room for the belt to move in the groove. This pulley is meant for use with GT2 6mm wide belts only - MXL belts will slip due to the different tooth profile.
This pulley has 20 teeth, and a 5mm inner bore. Two set screws can be used to attach it firmly to any 5mm diameter shaft such as one of our stepper motors. Full aluminum construction means these are very light and very durable.
These belts are popularly used in 3D Printers and DIY CNC Machines. When you order multiple lengths, we provide continues length of belt. If you purchase 2 quantity, you will get 2 meters continues belt and so on.
- Pitch: 2mm (GT2)
- Material: rubber with fibreglass core
- Belt Length: 1 Meters
- Belt Width: 6mm
- Type: GT2 Open Timing Belt
- Precision registration and timing with no loss of high torque carrying capability
- Minimal vibration and chordal effect
- Positive slip proof engagement
- Wide speed range, especially important when the entire speed range is developed from a single source
- Virtually no elongation (stretching) due to wear
- Power transmission efficiency is not lost with use
- Clean operation, no need for lubrication
- Reduced noise
- Long, dependable trouble-free service