This IC is one one the cheapest microcontrollers in the market when you go in for bulk quanities and is the go to microcontroller if you want to take your product into production.
The STM8S103F3P6 is a Microcontroller IC that incorporates the high-performance 16 MHz advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline core operating at a High frequency, high-speed embedded memories, and an extensive range of enhanced peripherals and I/Os. All devices offer standard communication interfaces, 10bit ADC, ± 1 LSB ADC with up to 5 multiplexed channels, scan mode, and analog watchdog.
Note: Image may vary from actual product in terms of Manufacturer/Brand name according to availability.
The STM8S103F2/x3 access line 8-bit microcontrollers offer 8 Kbyte Flash program memory, plus integrated true data EEPROM. The STM8S microcontroller family reference manual (RM0016) refers to devices in this family as low-density. They provide the following benefits: performance, robustness, and reduced system cost. Device performance and robustness are ensured by advanced core and peripherals made in a state-of-the art technology, a 16 MHz clock frequency, robust I/Os, independent watchdogs with separate clock source, and a clock security system.
The system cost is reduced thanks to an integrated true data EEPROM for up to 300 k write/erase cycles and a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog and brown-out reset.
Full documentation is offered as well as a wide choice of development tools.
- 16 MHz advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Extended instruction set
- Program memory: 8 Kbyte Flash; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 10 kcycle
- Data memory: 640 byte true data EEPROM; endurance 300 kcycle
- RAM: 1 Kbyte
- Clock, reset and supply management
- 2.95 to 5.5 V operating voltage
- Flexible clock control, 4 master clock sources
- Low power crystal resonator oscillator
- External clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC
- Internal low-power 128 kHz RC
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Power management:
- Low-power modes (wait, active-halt, halt)
- Switch-off peripheral clocks individually
- Permanently active, low-consumption power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
- Up to 27 external interrupts on 6 vectors
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 16-bit general purpose timer, with 3 CAPCOM channels (IC, OC or PWM)
- 8-bit basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto wake-up timer
- Window watchdog and independent watchdog timers
- Communication interfaces
- UART with clock output for synchronous operation, SmartCard, IrDA, LIN master mode
- SPI interface up to 8 Mbit/s
- I2C interface up to 400 kbit/s
- Analog to digital converter (ADC)
- 10-bit, ±1 LSB ADC with up to 5 multiplexed channels, scan mode and analog watchdog
- Up to 28 I/Os on a 32-pin package including 21 high sink outputs
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Unique ID
- 96-bit unique key for each device
1 x STM8S103F3P6 Microcontroller