AM2301A Humidity Temperature Sensor Module
The AM2301 temperature and humidity sensor consists of two sensors: A capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor. There is a very basic microcontroller inside that does some analog to digital conversion and spits out a digital signal with the temperature and humidity. All the low level conversion is handeled by this onboard IC and users can directly use the digital output to read the temperature and humidty readings.
It is just a DHT22 sensor in a plastic enclosure with long wires. The enclosure is designed in such a way that the sensor can be surface mounted using a srew. The air vents on the body, allow air to reach the internal sensor and produce accurate readings. The sensor can be mounted away from your electronics to reduce temperature interfearance.
This sensor transmits data using a single digital pin, so it can communicate with the microcontroller using only one digital pin. The sampling frequency is 0.5Hz, which means that you can get new data every two seconds. These sensors are very basic and slow, but simple and easy to use. They are great for hobbyists who want to do some basic data logging.
The digital signal is fairly easy to read using any microcontroller. AM2301A Digital Temperature & Humidity Sensor sensor is one of the commonest from the range of DHT temperature sensors; and boasts a relatively high-temperature measurement accuracy of 0.5C in 0.1C steps with a relative humidity accuracy of 3%.
It has only 3 wires, including power and ground, meaning only one digital pin is required to interface it to a microcontroller. For Arduino development platforms the sensor is very well supported by the DHT library available from the Arduino Playground and Github websites.
The sensor is calibrated and doesn't require extra components so you can get right to measuring relative humidity and temperature.
- Operating and Output Signal Voltage: 3.3V to 5V DC
- Current Consumption: 10ma Ultra Low Power for Battery operations
- Interface: 3 wire single bus communication
- Humidity Measurement Range: 0-100%RH
- Temperature measurement range: -40° ~ +80°C
- No additional components required for measurement. All the required components are designed onboard with plastic enclosure for clean finish
- Excellent long-term stability
- All calibration done in the factory with digital output
- Long distance signal transmission for low noise and flexibility during installation
- Relative humidity and temperature measurement
- Accuracy resolution: 0.1
- Humidity measurement precision: ±3%RH
- Temperature measurement precision: ±0.5°
The AM2301A is the entry level temperature and humidty sensor for -
- Air Quality Monitors
- Air Quality Loggers
- HVAC systems
- test and inspection equipment
- consumer goods
- automatic control
- data loggers
- weather station
- household appliances
- humidity regulation
- medical and other related temperature and humidity detection and control.
You may also be interested in
- 3 Sensor Line Following Array₹189.00 ₹ 160.17 + 28.83 GST
- 8 Sensor Line Following Array₹355.00 ₹ 300.85 + 54.15 GST
- TSOP1738 38kHz IR Distance Sensor Receiver₹35.00 ₹ 29.66 + 5.34 GST
- LM35 Temperature Sensor with Analog Output₹85.00 ₹ 72.03 + 12.97 GST
- 5mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor₹12.00 ₹ 10.17 + 1.83 GST