MPU6050 6DOF IMU Sensor Module Gyroscope & Accelerometer GY521
A digital 6 Degrees of Freedom Sensor. It uses the popular MPU6050 Sensor which includes both a 3 axis accelerometer and a 3 axis gyroscope in a single package.The sensor can be interfaced through a I2C connection which allows an easy and direct interface between the sensor and a micro controller.
This sensor module uses the popular MPU6050 sensor module. Numerous tutorials and sample codes are available on the internet which explain how to use the sensor.
Ready libraries are available for interfacing with most micro controllers and the Arduino. The sensors comes with an onboard voltage regulator and works between 3V3 and 5V.
Note: This sensor module works on input voltage between 3V3 and 5V. The I2C lines work at 3V3 only and will be damaged if connected to a micro controller operating at 5V. Please use appropriate Logic Level Converters with this sensor.
- Uses the popular MPU6050 IC
- MPU6050 contains a 3 axis Accelerometer and Gyroscope in a single package and simplifies design and usage. It also reduces cross axis alignment issues unlike other sensors with separate accelerometer and gyroscope ICs
- Digital I2C interface to read the output of the sensor
- 3 axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
- 3 axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- Also includes a digital output temperature sensor
- Onboard voltage regulator allows a wide operating voltage range between 3V3-5V
- Libraries and tutorials available for Arduino and other micro controllers
- Can be used for tilt sensing, quadcopters, self balancing robots, etc