Benewake TF02-Pro LIDAR Distance Sensor 40m UART
This is a mid-range Single Point Lidar Sensor that can sense obstacles up to 40m with a resolution of 1cm. It comes with UART Output and can be directly connected to Microcontrollers and PLC.
Lidar stands for “Light Detection and Ranging.” It is an active remote sensing technology, that measures the time it takes for each laser pulse to bounce back from an obstacle to calculate the distance.
TF02-Pro is a single-point ranging LiDAR based on the ToF (time of flight) principle. It is designed for level detection, with a 40m detection range and cm-level detection accuracy. The sensor manages the distance calculation and directly outputs the readings through UART. The host microcontroller can read the distance value with no processing required. This makes it plug and play, easy and simple to integrate with existing systems.
The sensor is capable of outputting up to 1000 reading per second. It can detect points up to 40m with an accuracy of 1%. The sensor comes with a narrow FoV of 3°.
It operates on 5V and can connect to a microcontroller, PLC, computer through UART interface. Please go through the development manual under the Technical Details Tab for the detailed commands and responses by the sensor.
Benewake also provides a GUI software to test and use the sensor. The software can display live sensor reading, log readings and also debug messages. Use this software as a plug and play option to test and evaluate the sensor for your application.
- Operating Voltage: 5V DC
- Communication: UART (suitable for upto 2m cables. Use model with CAN/other output for longer distance)
- Distance range up to 40 meters
- Has higher Accuracy of up to 1cm resolution
- High frame rate of 1000Hz (upto 1000 readings every second)
- Narrow FoV of 3° suitable for point detection
- Ambient light resistance(Up to 100Klux)
- Low power consumption
- Wide range of temperature adaptation and voltage input.
- Has higher Accuracy and frequency
- Can be used along with microcontroller/PLC/Computer to detect obstacle at high speeds
- Industrial Distance Sensing Applications
- Agriculture Applications - Soil Level, Perimeter Security, Tank level, etc
- Robot navigation and obstacle avoidance
- Navigation and obstacle avoidance of home robots/ robot vacuum cleaners
- Industrial Production/ Assembling Line Detection
- Robot Obstacle avoidance, edge avoidance, etc
- UAV Anti-collision, Auto landing, Height fixing / Distance keeping, Terrain following/mapping
- Tank Level Measurement
- Intelligent parking detection
- Crane safety operations
- Vehicle position sensing
- Vehicle detection for barrier gate control
- Auxiliary focus
- Elevator projection
- Intelligent traffic
- Intelligent parking lots
- Material level monitoring
- Vehicle detection for barrier gate control.
- Robots outdoor obstacle avoidance.
- Vehicle position sensing.
1 x TF02 PRO LIDAR Distance Ranging Sensor
The pictures shown here are for illustration purposes only.
Schematics of ToF Principle:
|Max Range (m)||40m|
You may also be interested in
- GP2Y0A21YK0F IR Distance Sensor for Arduino Raspberry Pi Sharp₹469.00 ₹ 397.46 + 71.54 GST
- 5mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor₹12.00 ₹ 10.17 + 1.83 GST
- LM35 Temperature Sensor with Analog Output₹85.00 ₹ 72.03 + 12.97 GST
- TSOP1738 38kHz IR Distance Sensor Receiver₹35.00 ₹ 29.66 + 5.34 GST
- DHT11 Humidity and Temperature Sensor Module for Arduino₹189.00 ₹ 160.17 + 28.83 GST
- MOC7811 - Encoder Sensor₹30.00 ₹ 25.42 + 4.58 GST
- LockIT LMS020-01 Magnetic Sensor for Door NO₹139.00 ₹ 117.8 + 21.2 GST
- LPG Sensor₹265.00 ₹ 224.58 + 40.42 GST
- CNG Sensor₹265.00 ₹ 224.58 + 40.42 GST
- Carbon Monoxide Sensor₹265.00 ₹ 224.58 + 40.42 GST
- Alcohol Sensor₹265.00 ₹ 224.58 + 40.42 GST
- 8 Sensor Line Following Array₹355.00 ₹ 300.85 + 54.15 GST
- 3 Sensor Line Following Array₹189.00 ₹ 160.17 + 28.83 GST