6V Mini Water Pump Submersible for DIY Science Projects Robotics
This is a mini submersible type water pump that works on 6V DC. It is extremely simple and easy to use. Perfect for DIY Science and hobby projects and for Robotics. Just immerse the pump in water, connect a suitable pipe and power the motor to start pumping water. Great for building science projects, fire-extinguishers, fire fighting robots, fountains, waterfalls, plant watering systems etc.
This motor is small, compact and light. It can be controlled from a micro controller/Arduino using our DC Motor Drivers or one of our Relay Boards. You may use our 5V SMPS Power Supply Adapter to run this pump. You may also use our 6V Solar Panel to run the pump with appropriate a 6V voltage regulator.
Note: Do not run the pump dry (without putting it in water) and do not use it to pump flamable liquids.
If you plan to use this pump, we recommend buying the following products too -
- 5V Wall Adapter - use this adapter to run the pump from a 230V mains supply.
- 6V Voltage Regulator Board - a regulator board to power the board from 7 - 20 V AC or DC supply voltage. You may use a transformer to step down an AC voltage, apply it to this regulator board and power the pump. You may also use this regulator to run the pump off a 6V Solar Panel(a 6V Solar Panel outputs more than 6V and may damage the pump if connected directly). This regulator is not required if you use the 5V Wall Adapter.
- 1 Channel Relay Board (6V) - This relay board operates on 6V and can be used to switch the water pump on and off from a micro controller/Arduino or a digital circuit
- L293 Motor Driver - This motor driver can be used to switch the water pump on and off from a micro controller/Arduino or a digital circuit. It consumes less power than the relay board and can also be used to control the speed of the water being pumped.
- Multi Strand Wire - for extending the length of the motor's power input cables
- Heat Shrink Tube - for making good and clean wire extensions