TJA1050 CAN Transceiver Controller Bus Driver Interface Module
Modern Microcontrollers come with inbuilt CAN controllers. Their output usually work on 5V whereas the actual CAN Physical Bus works on 1.5 and 2.5 Volts. This transceiver takesk care to convert the signal both ways and maintain communication with between a microcontroller and CAN Bus.
Note: Get this module only if your microcontroller has an onboard CAN Controller. If not get a CAN to SPI or CAN to UART Converter.
A CAN transceiver circuit is a circuit that can communicate with the CAN bus and extract data from it. Multiple electrical subsystems can connect to the CAN bus and each can communicate with the microcontroller or CAN chip connected, though not at the same time. This allows the microcontroller to analyze data from all of these units and respond accordingly to the data and which subsystems are priority. It's a message-based communication system between the microcontroller and all the electrical subsystems on the CAN bus.
A CAN bus stands for Controller Area Network bus. It is a type of communication hub in which many devices, or nodes, can be connected up to it. It is a message-based protocol, a type of multiplex electrical wiring system.
The CAN bus is used in many applications, the most common being in automobiles. Many cars are equipped with a CAN bus and exchange messages through this bus.
The module also provides a buffer between the CAN controller and the high-voltage spikes that can be generated on the CAN bus by outside sources like EMI, ESD, electrical transients, etc.
TJA1050 CAN Controller Bus Driver Interface Module is the interface between the Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol controller and the physical bus. The device provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receive capability to the CAN controller. The most important upgrade in this module from previous versions are:
- Much lower electromagnetic emission due to optimal matching of the output signals CANH and CANL
- Improved behavior in case of an unpowered node
- No standby mode.
This makes the TJA1050 eminently suitable for use in nodes that are in a power-down situation in partially powered networks.
Specifications and Features:
- Onboard TJA1050 CAN controller interface chip
- Chip commonly used pin has led, convenient connection to use
- Pin 5 v to the power supply
- PCB board size: 22 (mm) x11.5 (mm)
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898 standard
- High speed (up to 1 Mbaud)
- Very low Electro-Magnetic Emission (EME)
- Differential receiver with wide common-mode range for high Electro-Magnetic Immunity (EMI)
- An unpowered node does not disturb the bus lines
- Transmit Data (TXD) dominant time-out function
- A silent mode in which the transmitter is disabled
- Bus pins protected against transients in an automotive environment
- Input levels compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V devices
- Thermally protected
- Short-circuit proof to the battery and to ground
1 x TJA1050 CAN Controller Bus Driver Interface Module
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
You may also be interested in
- Atmega8A - 28 pin AVR Microcontroller IC DIP₹249.00 ₹ 211.02 + 37.98 GST
- Atmega32A 40 pin AVR Microcontroller IC DIP 40 Pin₹449.00 ₹ 380.51 + 68.49 GST
- AT89S52 8051 Microcontroller Atmel 40-DIP₹109.00 ₹ 92.37 + 16.63 GST
- PIC16F877A 8 Bit PIC Microcontroller Microchip IC₹549.00 ₹ 465.25 + 83.75 GST
- ESC 30 Amps Brushless Motor Speed Controller for Quadcopter₹470.00 ₹ 398.31 + 71.7 GST
- ArduPilot APM Mega 2.8 Flight Controller Board without Compass₹3,499.00 ₹ 2965.25 + 533.75 GSTOut of stock
- Anti Vibration Mount for APM ArduPilot Flight Controller₹412.00 ₹ 349.15 + 62.85 GST
- AfroFlight Naze32 REV6 10 DOF Flight Controller for Multicopter₹3,540.00 ₹ 3000 + 540 GSTOut of stock
- DC Motor PWM Speed Controller 28V 3A Board Module Variable₹239.00 ₹ 202.54 + 36.46 GST
- ArduPilot APM Mega 2.8 Flight Controller Board GPS Telemetry₹15,999.00 ₹ 13558.47 + 2440.52 GSTOut of stock