DS18B20 Temperature Sensor IC for Arduino Raspberry Pi
This is the latest DS18B20 1-Wire digital temperature sensor from Maxim IC. Reports degrees C with 9 to 12-bit precision, -55C to 125C (+/-0.5C). Each sensor has a unique 64-Bit Serial number etched into it - allows for a huge number of sensors to be used on one data bus. This is a wonderful part that is the corner stone of many data-logging and temperature control projects. Because they are digital, you don't get any signal degradation even over long distances! The DS18B20 provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor. Usable with 3.0-5.5V systems. The DS18B20 can derive power directly from the data line ("parasite power"), eliminating the need for an external power supply. Digital out put eliminates the requirement of ADC device and circuitry.
Because each DS18B20 contains a unique silicon serial number, multiple DS18B20s can exist on the same 1-Wire bus. This allows for placing temperature sensors in many different places. Applications where this feature is useful include HVAC environmental controls, sensing temperatures inside buildings,equipment or machinery, and process monitoring and control.
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data
- +-0.5degree Accuracy from -10degree to +85 degree
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125 degree
- 9 to 12 bit selectable resolution
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Query time is less than 750ms