ArduPilot APM Mega 2.8 Flight Controller Board without Compass
This flight controller is based on the rapidly evolving and refined Ardupilot mega or “APM”, an open source project from 3DR robotics. This amazing flight controller allows the user to turn any fixed wing, rotary wing, or multi-rotor vehicle (even boats and cars) into a fully autonomous vehicle, capable of performing a wide range of tasks even programmed GPS missions with waypoints (with the optional GPS module). It is a full autopilot capable of autonomous stabilisation, way-point based navigation and two way telemetry with radio telemetry modules. It Supports 8 RC channels with 4 serial ports.
Various user interfaces are available for programing, reviewing logs, even some Apps for smart phones and tablets. The optional telemetry radio allows for two way radio communication giving you full control and provides live data back to your computer or tablet. The list of what this flight controller is capable of has quickly been surpassed by what it cannot, with features, flight modes and supported platforms. The APM project is supported by thousands of users pushing this open source flight controller to be one of the best systems available.
- Arduino Compatible
- Free open source autopilot firmware that supports planes, multicopters (tri, quad, hex, oct, etc), traditional helicopters and ground rovers!
- Simple setup process and firmware loading via a point-and-click utility. No programming required!
- Autonomous takeoff, landing and special action commands such as video and camera controls
- With the addition of a telemetry kit, you can track your UAV in real time, or even change your mission while your ArduPilot Mega powered UAV is in the air.
- Pre-soldered and tested
- 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, and high-performance barometer
- Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging
- Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
- Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor.
- Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function).
- External compass support
- GPS input, I2C, Power module input
- Telemetry radio, OSD and airspeed sensor ports
- Dimensions: 44x70x15mm (with case)
- Weight:32g (with case)
- ArduPilot Compatible Flight Controller
- Connction Cable
- Flight Controller Case