The Pi T-Cobbler is an extension board designed to break out the 40 GPIO pins found on the Raspberry Pi B+ boards. It connects via a 40-pin ribbon cable to your Raspberry Pi and makes it easy to work with the pins on a breadboard. It requires no soldering and is ready to go for your next project! Great for prototyping.
There are four main functions that make the Pi Cobbler a must-have when prototyping with your Pi:
- Cleans up the wiring from the Pi to a breadboard, and provides sensible grouping and easily identifiable labeling for every pin, reducing error and accidental short circuits.
- Protects your Pi from static damage. The Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are highly susceptible to any static discharge which can occur from direct handling. By connecting all of the GPIO pins to a breadboard first, you minimize the risk of any damage to your board.
- Many Raspberry Pi cases only have a small, low-profile gap for a ribbon cable to connect the GPIO pins, and jumper wires don't often fit, or you need to dismantle your case every time you want to connect something. The Cobbler allows you to connect things up as you like.
- The cobbler mounts onto the centre divider on solderless breadboards and gives easy access for breadboarding projects big and small.
This Cobbler is in a fancy T-shape, with easy to read the labels.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi B+ Cobbler-T Board
- 1 x 40-pin Ribbon Cable