MCP2515 CAN Bus Interface Module Board for Arduino Raspberry Pi
CAN (Controller Area Network) bus networks are widely used in the industry. They are found in vehicles, farm equipment, and in industrial environments. These networks allow for control and data acquisition between different controller. This module lets you interface your microcontroller (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc) with a device that has a CAN Bus Interface(like Cars, automobiles, industrial devices, etc). You may also use it to communicate between two microcontrollers over long distances. Depending on the application, they can be formed around a stringent set of standards (such as J1939) or in a ‘get it done’ approach suitable for an Arduino DIY project.
CAN Bus Communication speeds generally range from 50kpbs to 1Mbps This maximum distance depends on data transfer speed. It can range from 40 meters at 1Mbps and 1000 meters at 50kpbs. The general rule of thumb is that the shorter and slower the bus is, the more robust the communications. Since this is a popular interface module tutorials, sample codes and libraries to help you get started with this module are readily available.
CAN is a multi-master broadcast serial bus standard for connecting electronic control units (ECUs). Each node is able to send and receive messages, but not simultaneously. A message consists primarily of an ID (identifier), which represents the priority of the message. A CAN message that is transmitted with the highest priority will succeed and the node transmitting the lower priority message will sense this and back off and wait.
The information is transmitted by two twisted wires that connect all system modules. It is transmitted by a voltage difference between the two levels. The high voltage value represents 1 and low 0. Its combination forms an appropriate message.
This module lets your microcontroller communicate with any CAN Bus Device through an SPI Interface. This Module adopts CAN controller MCP2515, and TJA1050 high-speed CAN transceiver. Onboard independent key. Microchip MCP2515 independent CAN protocol controller, support CAN V2.0B regulation. The connection between MCP2515 and MCU is through SPI.
- This module lets you do long-distance wired communications between your micro controllers - Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc
- This module can also be used to interface CAN Bus Devices - Automobile diagnostics, Industrial Devices, etc
- CAN Bus Data will be controller by SPI pins on your microcontroller
- Support CAN V2.0B technical standard, communication rate 1Mb / S.
- 0 to 8 bytes long data field.
- Use High-speed CAN transceiver TJA1050
- SPI control for expanding Multi CAN bus interface
- 8MHZ crystal oscillator
- 120? terminal resistance
- The working temperature: industrial -40 ? to 85 ?.
- Dimensions : 41 x 29 x 14 (LxWxH) mm.
- Weight: 5 gm.
- VCC 5V power input pin
- GND power ground pin
- CS SPI SLAVE select pin (Active Pin)
- SO SPI master output slave input pin
- SCLK SPI clock pin
- INT MCP2515 interrupt pin
- Long Range Wired Communications between microcontrollers
- Automotive applications
- Home automation
- Industrial Networking
- Factory automation
- Marine electronics
- Medical equipment
- Military uses
You may also be interested in
- RS485 to Serial UART TTL MAX485 Converter Module Board₹89.00 ₹ 75.42 + 13.58 GST
- USB to RS485 Converter Module Adapter Board₹139.00 ₹ 117.8 + 21.2 GST
- USB to RS485 Industrial Converter Module Adapter Board₹469.00 ₹ 397.46 + 71.54 GST
- UART TTL to RS485 Serial Converter Automatic Flow Control₹399.00 ₹ 338.14 + 60.87 GST