LM358 Operational Amplifier Op Amp IC
The LM358 is a dual operational amplifier in a single package. It is perfect for use anywhere where a operational amplifier circuit is required and can be used for building sensors, amplifiers, triggers, etc. LM358 indicates an 8-pin chip, containing two op amps at low power. The LM358 is designed for general use as amplifiers ,high-pass filters and low , band pass filters and analog adders.One of the characteristics of this IC is to be designed to operate with a single static power supply ranging from a minimum of 3 V to a maximum of 32 V although typically there are stabilizing at levels between 5 V and 15 V. In fact, while the majority of integrated circuits containing the operational needs two power supplies, one positive and one negative, the LM358 can be connected to the positive power only while the negative supply is replaced by the mass. Unique Characteristics Features
- In the linear mode the input common-mode voltage range includes ground and the output voltage can also swing to ground, even though operated from only a single power supply voltage.
- The unity gain cross frequency is temperature compensated.
- The input bias current is also temperature compensated.
- Two internally compensated op amps Eliminates need for dual power supplies
- Allows direct sensing near GND and VOUT also goes to GND
- Compatible with all forms of logic
- Power drain suitable for battery operation
- Pin-out same as LM1558/LM1458 dual op amp
- Internally frequency compensated for unity gain
- Large dc voltage gain: 100 dB
- Wide bandwidth (unity gain): 1 MHz (temperature compensated)
- Wide power supply range:
- Single supply: 3V to 32V or dual supplies: ±1.5V to ±16V
- Very low supply current drain (500 µA) — essentially independent of supply voltage
- Low input offset voltage: 2 mV
- Input common-mode voltage range includes ground
- Differential input voltage range equal to the power supply voltage