Android Application Developer - Opening in Probots
Note: This opening is only for candidates familiar with JAVA Programming and Android Studio. Do not apply if you have applied for any developer roles in Probots during the last 6 months.
Probots is an Electronics Product Design company. We design and develop custom electronic products - Robotics, Automation, Consumer Products, Industrial Products, IoT and Cloud Products, Industry 4.0 products, Medical, Aerospace products etc.
We also have a leading ecommerce store selling Robotics, DIY Electronics, 3D Printers, Drones kits and parts.
NOTE: Work from Home Available only when project permits. Interns, Freshers, Professional Part Timers and Freelancers looking for full time employment can also apply.
This role primarily involves Android Application Development, apps which interact with embedded devices through WiFi, Bluetooth, etc as per project/customer requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop Android Applications Using Android Studio on Java.
- Modify or Add features to existing Probots Applications
- Developing GUI Updates to existing Probots apps on Android Studio
- Mobile development life cycle and mobile UI Design
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Solid understanding of data structures and ORM
- Enough knowledge on the code versioning tool like Maven
- Problem solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures
- Close interaction with the Hardware and Senior Firmware Development team. 1 month complete paid training on the day to day work will be provided.
- In depth understanding of the products we sell and the customers we cater to (Initial Training will be provided)
- Develop Technical Documentation of Current Projects and Products - Datasheets, Manuals, Tutorial Guides, Technical Writeup, Product Listing, Existing product comparison, etc. Documentation of embedded projects with good step by step instructions and illustrations - photos, videos, etc
- Write and edit product content that will be published our eCommerce website
- Good knowledge of various Java design patterns·
Experience & Skill:
- Strong Java Programming Skill is a must
- Experience Level: Preferably 6 to 18 months. Freshers with strong programming skill can also apply
- Degree: BE/BTech/Diploma in Electronics, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Engineers with Passion for IoT, Interest in Experimenting, solving technical challenges, having go-getter attitude
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Nice to have
- Able to work independently and also a Good Team player. We are a small company working on the latest technologies. Candidates will have to work on the latest cutting edge technologies with no fixed daily routine tasks. Work is dynamic and per project basis. Minimal training will be provided and Self learning will be encouraged. Candidates will be expected to develop their own experience by watching online tutorials, videos, interaction with vendors, etc.
- Interest in Robotics, Industrial Design is a plus
- Knowledge of additional languages
What we offer
- Excellent opportunity to work on and learn the latest cutting edge technologies
- Exposure to Industrial IoT Projects
- Environment where end to end IoT Products/Solutions are built
- Be part of multidisciplinary Engineering team
- Lot of learnings from Peers, Seniors
- Environment to Experiment, Discuss ideas, Wok collaboratively
- Work from home available when work permits
Tips for applying
- If you think you are qualified, please send your resume by mail
- When writing an email, please add in the subject line [Associate Engineer - Marketing]. This helps us to filter all applications for this post
- In your email, highlight any specific achievement of yours
- In your email, a paragraph on why you would like to join Probots will be highly appreciated
- Do not apply without going through the job requirement.
- Candidates should be able to join immediately.
- Only Candidates residing in Bangalore(Vijaynagar, Nagarbhavi, Peenya preferably)