8mm to 8mm Flexible Coupler for 3D Printer CNC Shaft Metal
Industrial Grade precision flexible coupler used for building smooth transmission mechanisms. Used to extend servo and stepper motor shafts, connecting shaft to leadscrews, loads, gear assemblies, etc. Flexible movement allows for misalignment in assembly without transferring the stress to the motor or shaft.
Use these couplers to connect a 8mm Shaft to a 8mm Shaft. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to two shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects. The way they're cut, they're a little springy in the X Y & Z linear axis but not in the rotational axis. That means that you won't get increased backlash - so they're suitable for precision CNC work.
This coupler will connect a 8mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for our stepper motors. Comes with two sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You'll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
In the simplest of terms a coupling’s purpose is to transfer rotational movement from one shaft to another. Reality is somewhat more complicated, though, as flexible shaft couplings have also to compensate for misalignment between two shafts. This ability must be balanced with the need to be pliable in the planes of misalignment while still having the torsional strength to carry out the coupling’s main function. This is known as the Compliance mechanism where compliance is the capacity for allowing relative displacement. Several factors should always be taken into consideration when looking to specify flexible shaft couplings. These are torsional stiffness, backlash, torque, life and attachment system. All of these have bearing on coupling selection.
Flexible couplings are usually used to transmit torque from one shaft to another when the two shafts are slightly misaligned. They can accommodate varying degrees of misalignment up to 1.5° and some parallel misalignment. They can also be used for vibration damping or noise reduction.
- The flexibility of this coupler removes stress between motor and driving component
- Measures 1" x 0.7" diameter / 25mm x 19mm diameter
- 5mm inner diameter / 8mm inner diameter
- 15 grams Material : Aluminium
- 1Size : 8mm x 8mm (Ød1 x Ød2)
- Aluminium Helical Shaft coupling is commonly used in 3D Printers, CNC machines and other DIY projects to couple Stepper motors and rods / threaded rods/precision trapezoidal rods. The coupler takes care of small misalignments, deviations and twists in the system. Our coupling comes with 4 grub screws installed. One package consists of 1 coupler
- Useful in RepRap 3D Printers and small CNC machines
- Generic Robotics Applications
- Extending Actuator Shaft Length
- Attaching various loads to actuator shafts
- Useful for attaching a linear threaded road directly to an actuator shaft
You may also be interested in
- NEMA17 L Clamp Mounting Bracket For 42mm Stepper Motor without screws₹160.00 ₹ 135.59 + 24.41 GST
- A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Controller for StepStick 3D Printer₹99.00 ₹ 83.9 + 15.1 GST
- TB6600 Stepper Motor Driver Controller 4A 9~42V TTL 16 Micro-Step CNC 1 Axis₹749.00 ₹ 634.75 + 114.26 GST
- NEMA17 Stepper Motor (48mm)₹899.00 ₹ 761.86 + 137.13 GST
- NEMA17 Stepper Motor (40mm)₹849.00 ₹ 719.49 + 129.51 GST
- KP08 8mm Pillow Block Insert Bearing₹169.00 ₹ 143.22 + 25.78 GST
- KFL08 8mm Pillow Block Flange Bearing Diameter₹149.00 ₹ 126.27 + 22.73 GST
- SK08 8mm Linear Shaft Support Mount₹149.00 ₹ 126.27 + 22.73 GST
- 8mm Trapezoidal Lead Screw Nut & Housing Bracket for Linear Motion Assembly₹449.00 ₹ 380.51 + 68.49 GSTOut of stock
- 16 Teeth GT2 Timing Pulley Aluminium 5mm Bore₹149.00 ₹ 126.27 + 22.73 GST
- 17HS08-1004S Stepper Motor Micro Hybrid NEMA 17₹749.00 ₹ 634.75 + 114.26 GST
- 20BYGH24 Stepper Motor Micro Hybrid NEMA8₹1,349.00 ₹ 1143.22 + 205.78 GST