Probots Freeduino USB w/ Atmega8
Arduino is an open source embedded development platform consisting of a simple development board and an easy to use development environment for writing, programming and uploading codes. Probots Freeduino USB is an Arduino compatible board. It is designed to be a cost effective alternative to the official Arduino Board and is compatible with Arduino compatible shields, tools and the Arduino IDE. It can be used anywhere where an official Arduino can be.
Arduino is an opensource development platform, which means all the designs files are available for free. Users may use these freely available design files, which include the board schematics, PCB Files, codes, etc in their projects making suitable modifications as their application may require. A large Arduino user base ensures that you will get an excellent technical help and assistance, which will greatly reduce your development time and increase your learning experience.
Another great feature of the Arduino is its modularity approach. There is a wide range of addon boards, called Shields, which plug onto an Arduino and help you achieve a specific purpose, greatly simplifying the whole development process. For example, an Arduino motor shield can plug onto an Arduino and help you control motors directly through the main board. There are a wide range of such shields including GSM/GPS shields, Robotics shields, Ethernet Shields, Bluetooth shields and even prototyping shields. Freeduino USB is completely compatible with all Arduino compatible shields. (Please go through the Manual for differences between an Arduino and a Freeduino USB)
Freeduino USB can be programmed directly through a USB connection to a PC through the Arduino IDE, which is a simple and easy to use program development environment for writing, compiling and uploading codes.
Freeduino USB is an upgraded version of our previous Maxuino USB board. Freeduino USB offers onboard 5V and 3V3 voltage regulators and provides an empty hole next to each IO and power pin header for easy expansion. This Freeduino USB board comes with an Atmega8. If you want more flash space and more features for your programs you may go for our Freeduino USB w/ Atmega328.
- The board is built on a high quality FR-4(1.6 mm) double sided PCB with a green solder mask and a clear and legible legend
- Great platform to learn embedded programming
- Compatible with all Arduino compatible shields and the Arduino IDE
- Power Input: 7- 10V (higher voltage will damage the board)
- Comes with an Atmega8 with a preburnt Arduino bootloader
- Has a standard 6x1 AVR ISP Header
- All I/O pins connected by a female header, perfect for prototyping
- Completely opensource, which means all circuits, board files, softwares, code, etcs are available for free
- Comes with a product CD containing all required manuals, circuits, softwares and drivers
- Starter Manual
- CP210x Driver Installation Guide - USB Driver Installation Instructions
- Circuit (png)
- PCB Files in Eagle