A digital 10 Degrees of Freedom Sensor. It comes with an onboard 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis gyroscope, 3 axis magnetic field sensor and a barometric pressure sensor all in one single compact board. The sensor can be interfaced through a I2C connection which allows an easy and direct interface between the sensor and a micro controller.
This sensor module is the popular GY-80 sensor module. Numerous tutorials and sample codes are available on the internet which explain how to use the sensor.
The sensor uses the ADXL345 accelerometer, HMC5883L magnetometer, BMP085 barometric pressure sensor and the L3G4200D gyro. Ready libraries are available for interfacing with most micro controllers and the Arduino. The sensors comes with an onboard voltage regulator and works between 3V3 and 5V. It comes with an inbuilt Logic Level Converter and can be connected to a micro controller's I2C pins directly.
- Onboard 3 axis accelerometer - ADXL345
- Onboard 3 axis magnetometer - HMC5883L
- Onboard 3 axis gyro - L3G4200D
- Onboard barometric pressure sensor - BMP085
- Digital I2C interface to read the output of all the sensors
- Onboard voltage regulator and logic level converter allows the sensor module to be connected to micro controller working between 3V3-5V
- Libraries and tutorials available for Arduino and other micro controllers
- Can be used for tilt sensing, heading calculation, quadcopters, self balancing robots, etc