This is a 4X4 16 Key Capacitive Touch Keypad. Unlike mechanical and membrane keypads, this offers touch sensitive buttons and better feel during usage. Having no mechanical components, this keypad offers better durability compared to other mechanical keypads. This keypad offers digital output for first 8 keys and I2C digital output if you want to read the state of all the 16 keys. I2C requires just 2 connections and can be directly connected to Arduino/ Raspberry Pi/NodeMcu, ESP8266, ESP32, etc.
Since these keypads are very popular, guides, tutorials and libraries are available for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other micro controller, which means you may directly use this keypad in your project without worrying about implementing the low level code. This helps even new and first time users reduce product development time when using these keypads.
The TTP229 Touch IC is capacitive sensing design specifically for touch pad controls.The device built in regulator for touch sensor. Stable sensing method can cover diverse conditions. Human interfaces control panel links through non-conductive dielectric material. The main application is focused at replacing of the mechanical switch or button.This Module can replace conventional 4×4 keypad with a touch based keypad. The module has two working modes. A 8 key mode that provides a independent 8 channel output or a 16 key mode that can be used with the I2C interface of the module, there by saving even more pins and connections on the application Arduino or Microcontroller board.
- Operating voltage2.4V~5.5V
- Built-in regulator
- Stand-by current At 3V, and sleep mode slow sampling rate 8Hz
- => Typical 2.5uA for 16 input keys
- => Typical 2.0uA for 8 input keys
- Two different operating modes are available which can be selected by onboard jumper
- Mode 1: Simple 8 key mode with independent 8 Channel parallel output. This is the default mode
- Advanced 16 Key modes with I2C interface output.
- Separate outputs to 8 keys in 8 key mode
- 2 wires serial output interface for both 16 key and 8 key mode
- Outputs can be set to CMOS/OD/OC with active high/low
- 2 Wires serial interface can select active high or low by option
- Optional Multi-key or single-key
- Provides two kinds of sampling rate: slow sampling rate 8Hz and fast sampling rate 64Hz at sleep mode
- Optional maximum key-on time about 80sec
- Auto calibration at power up (keypad must not be touched for 0.5 seconds after power up)
- Auto calibration for changes in environment
Modes can be selected and configured by the user.
Weight: 10 gm