VL53L0X Laser Time of Flight Range Finder Distance Sensor Sharp Package
This distance sensor comes in the same form factor as the popular Sharp Distance Sensor. This distance sensor contains a tiny invisible laser source, and a matching sensor. It can detect the "time of flight", or how long the light has taken to bounce back to the sensor. Since it uses a very narrow light source, it is good for determining distance of only the surface directly in front of it.
Unlike sonars that bounce ultrasonic waves, the 'cone' of sensing is very narrow. Unlike IR distance sensors that try to measure the amount of light bounced, the VL53L0x is much more precise and doesn't have linearity problems or 'double imaging' where you can't tell if an object is very far or very close.
This sensor can handle about 50mm to 1200mm of range distance. It also includes a lux sensor. The sensor is small and easy to use in any robotics or interactive project. Module comes with a regulator and level shiftor so you can use it with any 3-5V power or logic microcontroller with no worries. Each module comes with a small piece of header. Solder the header onto your breakout board with your iron and some solder and wire it up for instant distance-sensing-success! Communicating to the sensor is done over I2C with an API written by ST, so its not too hard to port it to your favorite microcontroller.
Libraries and Sample codes are available for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, which makes it easy to use the sensor in your project.
The VL53L0 uses ST's FlightSense technology to precisely measure how long it takes for emitted pulses of infrared laser light to reach the nearest object and be reflected back to a detector, so it can be considered a tiny, self-contained lidar system. This time-of-flight (TOF) measurement enables it to accurately determine the absolute distance to a target without the object's reflectance greatly influencing the measurement. The sensor can report distances of up to 2 m (6.6 ft) with 1 mm resolution, but its effective range and accuracy (noise) depend heavily on ambient conditions and target characteristics like reflectance and size, as well as the sensor configuration. (The sensor's accuracy is specified to range from ±3% at best to over ±10% in less optimal conditions.)
Ranging measurements are available through the sensor's I⊃2;C (TWI) interface, which is also used to configure sensor settings, and the sensor provides two additional pins: a shutdown input and an interrupt output.
The VL53L0X is a great IC, but its small, leadless, LGA package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use. It also operates at a recommended voltage of 2.8 V, which can make interfacing difficult for microcontrollers operating at 3.3 V or 5 V. Our breakout board addresses these issues, making it easier to get started using the sensor, while keeping the overall size as small as possible.
- Measurement Range: 2m
- Measurement accuracy: 5mm (upto 1mm in ideal conditions)
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V to 5V
- Simple to use I2C interface
- Excellent alternate for expensive Lidar Sensor
- Good upgrade in performance from low cost proximity sensors
- User detection for Personal Computers/ Laptops/Tablets and IoT (Energy saving)
- Robotics (obstacle detection)
- White goods (hand detection in automatic faucets, soap dispensers etc...)
- 1D gesture recognition
- Laser assisted Auto-Focus. Enhances and speeds-up camera AF system performance, especially in difficult scenes (low light levels, low contrast) or fast moving video mode.
- Smart-phones advanced proximity sensor (distance in mm)
You may also be interested in
- VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Multi-Target Distance Sensor₹699.00 ₹ 592.37 + 106.63 GST
- Ultrasonic Distance Measuring Sensor Module US-25₹399.00 ₹ 338.14 + 60.87 GST
- 9 DOF IMU Sensor MPU9250 Gyro Accelerometer Magnetometer GY9250₹799.00 ₹ 677.12 + 121.88 GST
- MPU6050 6DOF IMU Sensor Module Gyroscope & Accelerometer GY521₹169.00 ₹ 143.22 + 25.78 GST
- QMC5883L Magnetometer 3 Axis GY273 Digital Compass Sensor₹352.00 ₹ 298.31 + 53.7 GST
- Current Sensor AC/DC Module with Analog Output ACS712 ( 5A )₹235.00 ₹ 199.15 + 35.85 GST
- Water Flow Sensor YF-S201 Fluid Flowmeter Meter Hall Effect₹249.00 ₹ 211.02 + 37.98 GST
- Flex Sensor - 2.2"₹449.00 ₹ 380.51 + 68.49 GST
- Flex Sensor - 4.5" Variable Resistor Output₹945.00 ₹ 800.85 + 144.15 GST
- Soil Moisture Sensor with Digital Output for Arduino Raspberry₹142.00 ₹ 120.34 + 21.66 GST
- Tilt Sensor Module₹99.00 ₹ 83.9 + 15.1 GST
- 7mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor₹22.00 ₹ 18.64 + 3.36 GSTOut of stock
- 12mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor₹42.00 ₹ 35.59 + 6.41 GST
- Pulse Heart Beat Rate Amped Sensor for Arduino Raspberry₹199.00 ₹ 168.64 + 30.36 GST
- Waterproof Ultrasonic Distance Sensor Module AJ-SR04M-V2 Upgraded Version of JSN-SR04T₹649.00 ₹ 550 + 99 GST
- pH Sensor with Analog Output for Arduino and Raspberry Pi₹2,245.00 ₹ 1902.54 + 342.46 GST
- Sound & Audio Detection Sensor for Arduino & Raspberry Pi₹117.00 ₹ 99.15 + 17.85 GST
- Gesture Recognition Sensor for Arduino & Raspberry APDS-9960₹349.00 ₹ 295.76 + 53.24 GST
- Light Intensity BH1750 Sensor for Arduino Raspberry Pi GY-302₹175.00 ₹ 148.31 + 26.7 GSTOut of stock
- AD8232 ECG Sensor Module Heart Rate Pulse₹589.00 ₹ 499.15 + 89.85 GST