TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Module 12V 6A
Thermoelectric coolers are also known as TEC or Peltier Module convert electric power to a temperature differential. When powered with 12V DC one side gets hot and the other side gets cold compared to the ambient temperature. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
Peltier modules work only as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat up quickly, the cold side will cool below ambient temperature slightly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or another mechanism), the peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing(finally getting damaged internally). We recommend using a large computer CPU heatsink or another block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. This ensures the cold side gets cooler. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
Note: We have peltier modules in different sizes, operating voltages, current consumption, no of layers and temperature differences. You can check our complete range of peltier modules here - Thermal Coolers & Heaters. Contact us directly if you requrie a specific peltier and we will help you with it.
A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU cooling, maintaining camera CCD sensors in optimal temperatures, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, etc.
They are also known as Thermoelectric cooling modules, Thermoelectric modules, Peltier modules, and Thermoelectric cooling module.
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating a module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (sealing) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours.
- Failure rate based on longtime testings: 0.2%.
Important Note!! The heated side requires a heat sink all the time. “ Do not run this device with a power supply for more than a few seconds without a heatsink mounted to the device! ”
- Model number: TEC1-12706
- Operating Voltage: 12V
- Maximum Voltage- Umax (V) : 15V
- Maximum Current- Imax (A) : 6A
- Maximum Output Power: 55 W
- Cable Length: 15 cm
- Quality tested cooling cells. We have carefully selected the Peltiers from the best manufacturers for the best cooling and efficiency
- Solid-state, vibration-free, noise-free. Traditional heat pumps are bulky and have moving parts
- Simple to install and operate
- Should use with a heat sink
- Popularly used in Mini Refrigerators, Car Refrigerators where size and weight of cooling system are important and conventional cooling systems are not viable
1 x TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Module 12V 6A
You may also be interested in
- Thermoelectric Peltier Refrigeration Cooling System DIY Kit with Peltier Module₹899.00 ₹ 761.86 + 137.13 GST
- 12V 8.5A SMPS Metal Power Supply Mean Well 102W LRS-100-12₹1,349.00 ₹ 1143.22 + 205.78 GST
- Thermoelectric Peltier Liquid Cooling System DIY Kit₹1,499.00 ₹ 1270.34 + 228.66 GST
- 288W Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Kit 12V Liquid Cooling₹3,599.00 ₹ 3050 + 549 GST
- 144W Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Kit 12V Liquid Cooling₹2,999.00 ₹ 2541.53 + 457.48 GST