HMC5883L Magnetometer 3 Axis GY273 Digital Compass Sensor
A digital 3 axis Magnetometer Compass Sensor Module. It uses the popular HMC5883L Magnetometer Sensor.The sensor can be interfaced through a I2C connection which allows an easy and simple interface between the sensor and a micro controller using just 2 wires. The HMC5883L includes state-of-the art,high-resolution HMC118X series magneto-resistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation,and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy.
This GY273 sensor module uses the popular HMC5883 sensor module. Numerous tutorials and sample codes are available on the internet which explain how to use the sensor.
Ready libraries are available for interfacing with most micro controllers and the Arduino. The sensors comes with an onboard voltage regulator and works between 3V3 and 5V.
Note: This sensor module works on input voltage between 3V3 and 5V. The I2C lines work at 3V3 only and will be damaged if connected to a micro controller operating at 5V. Please use appropriate Logic Level Converters with this sensor.
- Uses the popular HMC5883L IC
- Enables 1° to 2° Compass Heading Accuracy
- Measuring range: ± 1.3-8 gauss
- Wide Magnetic Field Range (+/-8 Oe)
- 5 milli-gauss resolution
- Compatible with 5V Microcontrollers
- Fast 160 Hz Maximum Output Rate
- HMC5883L contains a 3 axis Magnetometer Compass Sensor in a single package and simplifies design and usage.
- Digital I2C interface to read the output of the sensor
- Onboard voltage regulator allows a wide operating voltage range between 3V3-5V
- Libraries and tutorials available for Arduino and other micro controllers